Will Carleton Academy is a K-12 tuition-free public charter school in Hillsdale, Michigan founded in 1998. Will Carleton Academy devotes itself to serving the community as a charter school where parents can choose a traditional curriculum and educational atmosphere that is committed to both the intellectual development and the character formation of the students.
Our Mission Is
- Back-to-basics curriculum
- K-8th-Core Knowledge Sequence
- 9th-12th: Michigan Merit/College Preparatory Curriculum
- Small classroom sizes at all grade levels
- Emphasis on character education
- Highest-achieving public school in Hillsdale County
- Top 50 SAT scores in the State of Michigan
- Advanced Placement class offerings on demand
- Dual Enrollment, Early/Middle College, and Vocational-Technical Programs
- Extensive extracurricular offerings at all grade levels
- Diverse field trip opportunities, including foreign travel
- MHSAA-sanctioned athletics in all three seasons
- Orderly, disciplined environment
- Focus on the whole child, with the goal of helping to mold outstanding citizens
- K-12th Art and Music curriculum
- 4th-12th French curriculum
- Monthly Core Virtues instruction
Why Choose a Charter School?
A charter school, by definition, is a school of choice. Because of this, parents play an important role in every part of their child’s education. Our small size allows more one-on-one attention and the ability to tailor our curriculum to meet each child’s educational needs. Our faculty and staff are committed to nurturing the whole child, fostering the safe and respectful environment where learning can best occur.
Want to learn more?
What families are saying about Will Carleton Academy
"Our kids are thriving at WCA, and that is very important to us. Thank you, WCA, for making a great place to educate our kids!"
"While I firmly believe our children's development starts at home, I truly feel that WCA is an extension of my home in raising my kids to become good people."
"My son's learning needs are met with consideration and respect...making him feel supported, encouraged, and empowered."
"They welcome parent involvement and always take the time to make sure parents know how their children are doing."
"Will Carleton Academy strives for excellence, and they inspire their students to strive for the same."
"We love the individualized education and the clear sense that teachers and staff are rooting for students."
January 10, 2020
We are so proud of our students and staff! Index scores that are created by the State of Michigan measure public school performance in six key areas—student growth, student proficiency, school quality/student success, graduation rate, English learner progress, and assessment participation. Schools receive credit in each area based on the state targets and an overall … Continue reading “Hard work shows in our State Index Score”
December 12, 2019
Carla Stewart plays a vital role in Will Carleton Academy’s daily success. Her title may be Administrative Assistant and Testing Coordinator, but her work plays a huge role in achieving Will Carleton Academy’s goals. You can often find her behind the scenes completing tasks and ensuring all details are completed so that the Will … Continue reading “Staff Spotlight: Carla Stewart”